1) SPONSOR: This Contest is sponsored, administered and prize is provided by Wellwise by Shoppers™ (“Sponsor”).
2) CONTEST PERIOD: This Contest begins on April 11, 2022 at 12:00:01am (ET) (the “Contest Start Date”) on closes April 29, 2022 at 11:59:59pm the (“Contest Closing Date”) (collectively,the “Contest Period”).
3) HOW TO ENTER: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. To enter, go to https://shop.wellwise.ca/pages/contest, and follow the on-screen instructions, including, but not limited to logging in using your PC™ id and clicking the “Enter now” button. You will receive one (1) entry into the Contest. To receive an additional nineteen (19) entries into the Contest, sign up to our emails after submitting your first entry. by clicking on the “Subscribe to Email” button. You can unsubscribe from the emails at any time.
Your PC™ id login will be used to identify you as a PC Optimum™ member. Your PC™ id will be used to award points to your associated PC Optimum™ account. In order to be eligible to receive the Grand Prize (as more specifically described in rule 7) if confirmed as a winner, you must be the authorized account holder of the PC Optimum™ number associated with the entry. PC Optimum™ membership is free. To register, see in-store or visit pcoptimum.ca.
Limit of one (1) entry per PC™ id login, with nineteen (19) additional entries available for participants that subscribe to Wellwise emails. In the case of multiple PC™ ids, only the first eligible entry will be considered.
4) ELIGIBILITY: Contest is open to legal residents of Canada (excluding Quebec) who have reached the age of majority within their province or territory of residence as of the the Contest Start Date.
Employees, officers, directors, agents or representatives of the Sponsor its respective affiliates, subsidiaries, related companies, advertising and promotional agencies (collectively, “Promotion Parties”) and the immediate family and/or household members of any of the above, are not eligible to participate in the Contest. For the purposes of these contest rules, “immediate family” means husband, wife, spouse, mother, father, brother, sister, son, and/or daughter, whether or not they reside in the same household.
The Sponsor reserves the right at any time to require proof of identity and/or eligibility to participate in the Contest and any failure to provide such proof may result in disqualification at the Sponsor’s sole discretion.
5) POTENTIAL WINNER SELECTION: A random draw to award the Grand Prize will be made by the Sponsor on May 9, 2022 at approximately 1:00pm (EST) in Toronto, ON (“Draw Date”) from all eligible entries submitted and received on or before the Contest Closing Date. Before being declared a winner of the Grand Prize, the selected potential winner of the Grand Prize must correctly answer a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question without assistance or mechanical or electronic aid and sign a standard declaration and release form confirming, among other things, compliance with the Contest Rules and acceptance of the Grand Prize as awarded. The selected potential winner will be notified by email or phone call no later than May 13, 2022. If the potential winner cannot be contacted within five (5) days of the contest Draw Date, at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion, another entrant may be selected.
If the potential winner: (a) fails to correctly answer the skill-testing question; (b) fails to properly execute and return the declaration and release form within the specified time; (c) cannot accept (or is unwilling to accept) the prize, as awarded, for any reason; (d) is determined to be in violation of these Rules; and/or (e) if email or other communication between the entrant and Sponsor is not responded to or is returned as undeliverable, the prize may be forfeited by that entrant and the Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole and absolute discretion, to conduct a random draw from the remaining eligible entries to award the prize (in which case, the foregoing provisions of this section will apply to such newly selected eligible winner). If the Grand Prize is not claimed by July 1, 2022, the Grand Prize will not be awarded.
6) ODDS OF WINNING: The chances of being selected as a potential Winner depends upon the number of eligible entries submitted and received during the Contest Period.
7) PRIZES/APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUES (ARVs): There is one (1) prize available to be won during the Contest Period consisting of one million (1,000,000) PC Optimum™ points with an approximate retail value of $1,000 CDN (the “Grand Prize” or “prize”).
The Grand Prize may be redeemed subject to applicable terms, conditions and/or restrictions. See pcoptimum.ca for redemption details.
8) DECLARATION & RELEASE: Potential winner will be required to execute and return a Declaration and Release within seven (7) days of the date indicated on the accompanying letter of prize notification and of attempted delivery, or the prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate entrant.
The return of any prize/prize notification as undeliverable or noncompliance with the terms of these Rules may result in disqualification and at Sponsor’s discretion, selection of an alternate entrant.
9) LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: By entering this contest, the entrant accepts and agrees to these Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which shall be final in all matters. By accepting the prize, the winner agrees to hold the Promotion Parties, its affiliates, directors, officers, employees, parent and related companies, licensors, licensees, and assigns harmless against any and all claims and liability arising out of the acceptance, use, misuse or redemption of any prize or participation in the contest. The Sponsor assumes no responsibility or liability for lost, late, unintelligible/illegible, falsified, damaged, misdirected or incomplete entries, on account of the foregoing or otherwise, notifications, typographical, responses, replies or any computer, online, software, telephone, cellular phone, hardware or technical problems, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, failure, traffic congestion or malfunction that may occur, or on account of any combination including but not limited to malfunctions that may affect the transmission or non-transmission of an entry. The Sponsor is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website or mobile application users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with the Contest or by any technical, human or other error or omission. The Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. The Sponsor is not responsible for any injury or damage to entrant or to any computer or cellular phone related to or resulting from participating or downloading materials or applications in this Contest. The Sponsor assumes no responsibility or liability in the event that the Contest cannot be conducted as planned for any reason, including those reasons beyond the control of the Sponsor, including but not limited to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or corruption of the administration, security, lack of participation, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest or the Contest website.
Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify an entrant if the entrant a) violates these official rules and/or the general rules/guidelines of any online property or service of the Sponsor; b) enters the contest by any means contrary to these rules or which would be unfair to other entrants or where contest entries are generated by any mechanical or automated means; c) acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Entry materials that have been tampered with, reproduced, falsified, or altered are void. In the event a dispute arises as to the identity of a potentially winning online entrant, entries made by internet will be declared made by the name on the online entry form.
Any attempt to deliberately damage the contest website, contest application or any related website or undermine the legitimate operation of the contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Currency is in Canadian dollars unless otherwise stipulated. Each prize must be accepted “as is” and may not be exchanged for an amount of money, bartered, sold, raffled, substituted, or transferred, and is non-refundable. In the event the stated prize(s) are unavailable due to reasons beyond the control of the Sponsor, a prize of equivalent nature and value will be available to be won, or the Sponsor, in its sole option, may award the winner the equivalent monetary value in lieu of prize. The prize(s) will be delivered only to the confirmed winners.
Refusal to accept a prize releases the Promotion Parties, as well as their respective directors, officers, and employees, of all responsibility and obligations toward the winner of such prize. In no event shall Sponsor be held to award more prizes that what is mentioned in these rules or to award prizes otherwise than in compliance with these rules.
10) CONDITIONS OF ENTRY: Acceptance of a prize constitutes permission for the Sponsor to use winners’ names, cities and provinces/territories of residence and likenesses for purposes of advertising and publicity in any and all media now or hereafter known throughout the world in perpetuity, without further compensation, notification, or permission, unless prohibited by law.
All information requested by and supplied by each entrant must be truthful, accurate, and in no way misleading. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entrant from the contest in its discretion, should the entrant at any stage supply untruthful, inaccurate, or misleading details and/or information or should the entrant be ineligible for the contest pursuant to these rules.
11) INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY: All intellectual property, including but not limited to trademarks, trade names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source code, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by the Sponsor and/or their affiliates. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.
12) INDEMNIFICATION: Entrant releases and holds Sponsor harmless from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind to the Entrant or any other person, including personal injury, death, or property damage, resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, participation in the Contest, any breach of the Rules, and/or in any prize-related activity. The Entrant agrees to fully indemnify the Sponsor from any and all claims by third parties relating to the Contest
13) TERMINATION: If, in the Sponsor’s opinion, there is any suspected or actual evidence of tampering with any portion of the contest, or if technical difficulties or any other factor including accident, printing, administrative, or any error of any kind compromises the integrity, administration, or conduct of this contest, the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, suspend or terminate the Contest, in whole or in part, at any time, without prior notice or obligation. Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or to undermine the legitimate operation of this contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution.
15) LAW: The Contest is subject to applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. The Official Rules are subject to change without notice in order to comply with any applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws or the policy of any other entity having jurisdiction over the Sponsor. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the Official Rules or the rights and obligations as between the entrant and the Sponsor in connection with the Contest shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the province of Ontario including procedural provisions without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other jurisdiction’s laws.
16) OFFICIAL RULES: These rules are available on the contest website and https://shop.wellwise.ca/pages/ww-contest-rules under “Official Contest Rules”